Friday, March 1, 2013

R2-D2: The Excitement Of getting back to work and new stuff.

After 2 back surgeries I'm back at it again. WOO HOO! I ordered the wonderful Styrene A&D dome back in early Feb and can't wait for it to arrive in April some time. This began the extreme research I have been doing on a daily basis. So as I await the dome arrival I started gathering other things I needed.

 Today I picked up a 2 ft steel ruler and some squeeze bottles from Hobby lobby. I'm not sure how they are going to work out because the metal tips are really short. they may work for a few areas but I'm concerned that it's not going to be long enough for most everything, but for $3 it can't hurt..

 I stopped by Lowe's today looking for the illusive Valspar Premium Enamel Brilliant Metal Silver. They were showing one on hand but couldn't locate the can. I had the guy look it up and he said that they have a case due in on the 5th. I was shocked as I thought it was discontinued and have herd nothing new on it. So I will be going out on the 5th to pick a few up. I picked up a few Irwin Quick grip mini and micro Quick grip clamps. I still need to pick up a few of the larger ones. but they were out of stock on the ones that I wanted.

I stopped at Harbor Freight and picked up a few combination squares and a dual cartridge respirator. I have sucked up enough fumes working on fighter aircraft for 18+ years I don't need any more fumes.

Once I was home this evening I placed an order for 2 pints of Weld-On #3 and a tube of Weld-On #16. I'm hopping that the 2 pints will cover more than my R2 project as I have other projects in the waiting stages I will get to after R2 is complete. I ordered my Rockler bearing and will be happy to get it cleaned up and ready to use.  I also broke down and ordered some of the Hypo 25 gauge bottles and syringes feeling like the previous will not suffice. I didn't want to get the Weld-On and not be able to use it because of their short tip.


More to come when all my goodies come in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment